[OPLINTECH] Library Host Speedtest

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Fri Jun 13 08:38:49 EDT 2014

Eric,

If you're looking to stress test network segments, I'd recommend using a traffic generator like Iperf, and then monitoring the interface using either a SNMP monitor like Cacti, or a packet inspector like Wireshark. Those are my go to tools, and though the learning curve on them is steeper, you'll get a lot more out of it in the long run.

Laura Solomon from the OPLIN office wrote a bit about those "speed testers" a couple years ago: http://www.meanlaura.com/archives/category/oplin

Karl Jendretzky
Technology Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network