[OPLINTECH] Cassie print release stations with Windows server?

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Fri May 16 11:06:52 EDT 2014

I don't use cassie print release stations. Here are my thoughts: They may be talking about windows 7 being limited to 20 concurrent connections, see page 2 of the attachment. I downloaded it from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/UseTerms/default.aspx

 e. Device Connections. You may allow up to 20 other devices to access software installed on the
licensed computer to use only File Services, Print Services, Internet Information Services and
Internet Connection Sharing and Telephony Services.

There is some speculation that if one device connects to a windows 7 machine for both a shared folder and printing, then that will count as 2 and not one since it makes 2 different connections to the windows 7 machine, one for printing and one for accessing the shared folder.

I hope this helps!

-Ed Liddle

Marysville Public Library
http://marysvillelib.org