[OPLINTECH] map overlay program

Karen Perone peroneka at oplin.org
Mon Oct 20 13:13:39 EDT 2014

A number of years ago, I attended a workshop at Cleveland Public Library to learn how to use
Yahoo Map Mixer's overlay feature to show the growth of a town/village/city over a period of years by overlaying maps.

The bad news is that I don't think it is available any longer. I searched for the program and found a couple of blog postings from 2007 touting the ease of use to set up, but they don't seem to lead to the program.
http://ogleearth.com/2007/09/yahoo-mapmixer-the-easiest-way-to-add-an-overlay/

Here is one example that I found created for Manchester, England that shows what it is supposed to do:
http://manchester.publicprofiler.org/

Google Earth does have something available in their developer section but the process is not very straightforward for the occasional user. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Karen Perone              peroneka at oplin.org
Head of Technology and Technical Services
Rodman Public Library     voice: 330-821-2665 x101
215 E. Broadway Street    fax: 330-821-5053
Alliance, OH 44601        http://www.rodmanlibrary.com