[OPLINTECH] MS Office

Joe knuevejo at oplin.org
Mon Sep 29 11:10:37 EDT 2014

 From what I recall from our last purchase, MS Office for the public was
$30 per seat through TechSoup.
What limitations are you referring to with techsoup?  I know you can't
use the software on staff computers, but if you're moving them to google
docs or something similar, that shouldn't be an issue.

We upgraded the public computers a little more than a year ago to
Windows 7, and when we did so upgraded to MS Office 2013 as well. I
think we maybe didn't have to purchase as many seats of Windows 7 or
Office '13 because of software assurance from our previous Techsoup
purchases.  I'd probably have moved the public to one of the quality
free offerings that were mentioned by others (WPS Office or LibreOffice)
if I'd moved the public over to Linux, like I considered.

Have a good day.

Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director