[OPLINTECH] Server Cabinet Request

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Apr 15 11:56:26 EDT 2015

Also check any used computer stores in your area. I just went through this
with one of my libraries. Kept checking our local used stores to see if
anything popped up. I've seen equipment cabinets at used stores before at
great prices compared to new. Unfortunately, nothing turned up before our
deadline and so we had to go with a new rack. Ended up with a full-sized
enclosed rack on wheels for about $1,000. Added some shelves and cable
management for another $500 or so. $1,500 total, including shipping costs.

Would have rather not paid that much for an enclosed rack that essentially
has no parts that could fail and so used would work equally as well as new,
but couldn't find anything before our deadline. Should arrive at the
library this Friday! At least with new, we were able to get *exactly* what
we wanted plus the desired accessories...

Prices I've seen at used stores, though, are in the $250-$500 range. Still
expensive, but a fraction of new cost. Definitely worth investigating any
local used places.

FWIW,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*