[OPLINTECH] recomendation for a webhosting company

Travis McAfee Travis.McAfee at waylibrary.info
Fri Apr 17 08:22:26 EDT 2015

Way Public Library uses Dreamhost.  You can apply for free Web Hosting as a nonprofit there. They have something called "One Click Installs" and will do 90% of the Joomla install for you.  They support something like 30 different one click installs, all OpenSource.  You'll have to pay Domain Registration fees ($10 a year through them). You get access to a pretty nice web panel, a full suite of SQL controls, unlimited subdomains (ex: kids.waylibrary.info) a decent amount of storage, and full tech support.

We experience about 10 minutes of downtime a month (that we are aware of).

With all that said, Dreamhost ranks solidly middle pack of customer satisfaction and their knowledge base (in the form of a wiki) can sometimes be a little out-dated.

Overall, we're pretty happy, especially since it's free and robust.  If you are looking for someone to do a Drupal migration for you, I don't think they do that. You'd have to move your content on your own.

Travis McAfee
Systems Administrator
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave.