[OPLINTECH] Ninite Pro

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Dec 1 10:00:39 EST 2015

A client of mine turned me onto Ninite. I briefly considered going with
Pro, but looked around at the alternatives. Most of my clients are
financially constrained and so I prefer FOSS solutions for the back-end
non-user facing stuff whenever possible. I found Chocolatey, which is
highly scriptable and customizable. You can also roll your own installers
and host your own install server. Ninite Pro is probably more polished and
probably has more central management function, but Chocolatey does
everything I want it to do, it's very well supported, and it's free.

https://chocolatey.org

Here's a good feature comparison I ran across:
https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/wiki/ChocolateyVsNinite

YMMV,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*