[OPLINTECH] remote control

Ruchie Rice rrice at fcdlibrary.org
Wed Jun 3 12:16:11 EDT 2015

Hi Becky,

Being in a domain environment other than RDP I use Microsoft's built-in Remote Assistance when I need to see the user's screen while they're logged in. Once I set it up, I put a shortcut on my desktop and all I have to do is double-click, type in the computer name or IP and it connects to the computer. The user then has to Allow me in and again click Yes when I Request Control. I set it up so it would need user interaction since I want the user logged in and available.

If you need help setting it up please feel free to email me off the list.

Thanks.

Ruchie Rice
Information Technology Coordinator
Fairfield County District Library
219 N. Broad St.
Lancaster, OH 43130

https://helpdesk.clcohio.org/

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success" - Henry Ford