[OPLINTECH] LS Cataloging Error

Matthew White mwhite at columbiana.lib.oh.us
Fri Jun 12 12:00:15 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

This morning we ran into a problem with LS Cataloging.

We are able to open the records fine using the LS Cataloging Client but are unable to save them.

We receive the following error when attempting to save:

                Error in process ExecDirect. General SQL Error.
Server message: "SILVER.XPEXCEPT", line 44
ORA-06512: at "SILVER.CSSEARCHSTATICDB", line 43
ORA-06512: at line 7

Server.message: ORA-20001: AuthCtILSClient.DLL: Attempt to connect timed out without establishing a connection.
ORA-065

I can ping the server hosting the Oracle database from the client machine. I can save records if I open up LS Cataloging on the server. I restarted the server and the client computer.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

-              Matt

Matthew White
Technology Coordinator