[OPLINTECH] OPLIN e-mail failure

Karl Jendretzky karljendretzky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:44:26 EDT 2015

The SMS service is a stand alone mail server that accepts the
messages, and then uses custom code to turn the mail into SMS data
which is sent out via Trumpia's RESTful API. It shouldn't be a
problem.

Lists.oplin.org is also a stand  alone server, and shouldn't have any issues.

Years ago when we moved to Zimbra, all libraries were asked to stop
relaying notices through it, and offered lists.oplin.org as an
alternative relay. If you're using lists.oplin.org as your relay,
everything is fine. If you're using zimbra as your relay, then things
are not.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Steve Owley
<sowley at westervillelibrary.org> wrote:
> We will test SMS messaging to see if it is working—the message on the site
> is a little unclear about that specific sort of patron notice, though it
> does mention that notices are working.
>

> Steve

-Karl