[OPLINTECH] Calling all Clonezilla experts

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Mar 11 14:54:25 EDT 2015

Depends on your need. If you're rolling out a lab and plan to do so more
than once, I'd definitely look into the server edition, FOG, etc.
...something more network friendly for multiples at once. It'll take a bit
longer to set up, but worth it for multiples, especially if your rolling
out a lab over and over again!

The Clonezilla live CD is great for keeping in your toolkit for those
one-or-two odd computers here and there. You can clone local disk/partition
to local disk/partition, or local disk/partition to a network store (and
vice versa). The live CD is mostly for those one or twosies and not for a
bunch all at once.

I tend to use the Live edition myself (remote booted via PXE, but that's
another story). When I clone, I tend to not do more than a tiny handful
(1-3) of computers at a time, so I don't need to make use of broadcast
methods.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*