[OPLINTECH] nefarious WiFi use

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Tue May 12 12:16:23 EDT 2015

We have non secured WiFi available through CLEVNET access points. We also provide WPA2 secured with a “just ask and we’ll tell you” password, that traffic routes over the OPLIN network.

I always thought, once you have the password you are on the network as if it was not secured.

Anyway— the appearance that some extra measures are in place may be sufficient to discourage the criminal element, in that perhaps more scrutiny is being applied. I don’t think it’s inappropriate to ask resource users to agree to a community standard / library policy to have access to library resources.

Tb