[OPLINTECH] Google Chrome

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Oct 13 11:56:04 EDT 2015

I haven't looked into proxy browser extensions much myself. Do you have a
particular extension(s) in mind that you're thinking about?

Without looking at the extensions and how they work, it seems to me that
they would generally need to use a proxy server to route the network
traffic through. If it's a centralized proxy server, then your content
filter could be configured to block proxy servers/anonymizers and that
could help. However, if it's decentralized like perhaps Tor, then maybe
simply blocking proxy servers/anonymizers may not be good enough and you
might need to go the route you're exploring

Curious what others say.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*