[OPLINTECH] Mini apple i-Pad paid through Lions grant

Ty Henderson thenderson at champaigncountylibrary.org
Thu Oct 15 09:42:05 EDT 2015

I've already initiated the process to get one.  It isn't really going to cost the library that much if anything, other than processing materials to make it circulation friendly.  If it doesn't work out as well as I'm hoping, then we aren't really stuck with it for that long and staff aren't really doing anything above and beyond what we are already doing anyway.

The Lions are making the device available want stickerage to make that known.  Otherwise, the library takes ownership of the device and it comes with a service agreement.  If at the end of this period, it doesn't work out, then we aren't really committed to anything beyond that and can de-accession the device.  I plan to circulate it similarly to our current devices, but will have something in place to limit it to sight impaired patrons.  And honestly, they aren't going to have to prove any "sight impairments."  We circulate materials to the various assisted living facilities around us so I'm hoping to target them as well.  If there is demand for the device, I'll ask for more devices, either through the Lions, the Rotary, the Friends, or whoever might be willing to partner on the project.

Hope that helps.

Ty

Ty Henderson

Director