[OPLINTECH] Games/Teen-Focused Software & Computers

slewis at worthingtonlibraries.org slewis at worthingtonlibraries.org
Tue Aug 23 11:00:36 EDT 2016

For Steam, I don’t see why it wouldn’t behave with Deep Freeze. The only issue would be getting updates to games, which happens more and more often with patches, bugfixes, DLC, etc. I believe you can have Steam automatically update at a scheduled time, so I would just coordinate that with an overnight Thawed period configured in the Deep Freeze Administrator, so that the updates are applied while the PCs are thawed.

As far as Adobe Creative Cloud, I set up installation scripts for that using Adobe’s Creative Cloud Packager<https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creating-packages.html> (available as long as you’re using Creative Cloud for teams or Creative Cloud for enterprise), and then found it to work well using named licenses for each of our Adobe PCs.

Sam Lewis
Assistant Network Administrator

Find yourself here.
www.worthingtonlibraries.org<http://www.worthingtonlibraries.org/>