[OPLINTECH] Windows 10 in a classroom setting

Amy Wilson a.wilson at rrpl.org
Thu Dec 29 12:18:06 EST 2016

We are having a few issues using Windows 10 in a classroom setting.   We want to preconfigure profiles so that the environment remains consistent, yet not disable features that make Windows 10 unique like store, cortana, edge, etc.  Attempts to use mandatory profiles appear to disable those unique features of Windows 10.  I have tried enabling the group policy "Allow Deployment Operations in Special Profiles" but I still cannot get these unique features to work in Windows 10 while logged into a mandatory profile.  Technet suggests "When a mandatory profile is applied to a PC running Windows 10, version 1511, some features such as Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, the Start menu, Cortana, and Search, will not work correctly. This will be fixed in a future update."  It sounds like this is a known issue.  Has anyone found a work around to this problem or have any ideas when this future update will be released by Microsoft?

Thanks,

Amy Wilson