[OPLINTECH] Patron Privacy

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Fri Jan 8 12:17:04 EST 2016

What do other libraries have in place to ensure patron privacy between
Internet sessions?  We have the browsers set to not remember passwords and
to delete history on exit.  We have DeepFreeze installed, but we are not
rebooting the computers between sessions.  I know that rebooting the
computers between sessions would clear out everything.  I have heard that
some libraries are rebooting computers after each session.  During our busy
times, waiting patrons would have to wait even longer.  How do you handle
patrons that sit down while the computer is rebooting?  I know that we
would have some impatient patrons.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kevin Jones
Network Admin