[OPLINTECH] Windows 10?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Jul 6 11:36:33 EDT 2016

Overall, I find myself generally liking Windows 10. It's almost as good as
Windows 7.

I'm starting to use it for Staff computers too and it seems to be working
well for staff (no Deep Freeze). I haven't yet started to use it on patron
computers, but am not expecting any problems with the Group Policy side of
things. Deep Freeze is my biggest concern, though, especially with
Microsoft's position that Windows 10 is the "last" version of Windows and
from now on we're just going to have rolling updates and periodic major
updates. That's what really scares me. I've already been bitten numerous
times by irrecoverable catastrophic Windows 8.x + Deep Freeze reboot loops.
I *absolutely don't* want to have repeats of that every six or twelve
months when Microsoft rolls out a huge update.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*