[OPLINTECH] Thin Clients?

Ed eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Thu Jun 23 10:25:35 EDT 2016

We currently are not using thin clients at Marysville Public LIbrary. I
do know that the Columbus State Delaware campus use thin clients in
their computer labs. A few years ago when I took some classes there they
were using them and they are still using them. If you didn't save your
work in the correct place (your personal mapped network drive), when the
computer reboots all your work is gone and the thin client is back to
the pristine state it was when you started, similar to the end results
of deepfreeze, smartshield, etc when the computer reboots. I am not sure
if the library there uses thin clients. I thought a college campus using
thin clients would be worth mentioning.

-Ed