[OPLINTECH] Samsung Tab A OPACs

Chapin Longden chapin.longden at hmpl.info
Wed Sep 28 09:48:29 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for setting up Samsung tablets for use as OPAC stations.  Specifically, setting them up to be secured against tampering.

Thus far, I have removed all nonessential apps and cleared the home screens of everything but the browser, set the browser home page for our OPAC, and installed Stay Alive to keep the device from sleeping.

However, while most of our patrons are perfectly happy to use our tech for the intended purpose, others enjoy watching the world burn. To that effect, is there a way to disable any and all access to device settings and/or to "freeze" the tablet settings to an easily restorable point?

Chapin Longden,
Reference Librarian
Henderson Memorial Public Library
54 East Jefferson Street