[OPLINTECH] Ohio Community College Parntership

Ed Liddle via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Fri Apr 7 16:15:53 EDT 2017

In case anyone is interested, I found out what Western Governors
University's system requirements are for their online classes and their
online exam proctoring.

Ed Liddle
Marysville Public Library

The email I received from them is below:

WGU publishes the system requirements in our admissions page:http://www.wgu.edu/admissions/computer_requirements#

These requirements are to guarantee access to every course; however as we create new courses we try our best to make them as platform-independent as possible so you will notice that most of our courses do not require any plugins.

You should also know that WGU is the leader in online-proctored exams. With this technology we allow students to take assessments from home or any private location that meets the requirements to be proctored remotely through web cam and a special software that locks the computer during the test so students cannot put the assessment in second plane. The space must be private or semiprivate and requires an internet connection with at least 2Mbps upload speed. If your systems and environments comply with this, we'll be happy to send you the equipment and software needed for online proctoring.

You can read more about remote assessments herehttp://www.wgu.edu/wgu/remote_assessments  or direct your questions to Gina Fabbrogina.fabbro at wgu.edu

Adrian Genesir
Curriculum Program Manager
College of Information Technology