[OPLINTECH] RDP Between OPLIN Libraries

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Jan 23 12:21:44 EST 2017

A thought though...

It sounds like you're trying to RDP to a server(s) at one single site.
You've established it works from outside the OPLIN network, but not from
three sites within the OPLIN network. Has there been a change to the
firewall/NAT rules at the RDP server site?

Also, is the connection establishing, but not staying established?

You could enable firewall logging on the firewall exception that permits
RDP to your server. I'm assuming your RDP server is behind a network
perimeter firewall. That's the location I'd start with and enable logging.
You might be able to discern if there is even a RDP connection attempt from
your three test sites within the OPLIN network. If there is, you might be
able to discern a reason for the abort. If you're familiar with packet
tracing, that would be useful here to see exactly what's going on and
where/when the failure occurs. If a connection has established, the packet
trace could show you which device broke the connection or failed to respond
properly, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireshark
https://www.wireshark.org/

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*