[OPLINTECH] Mobile Hotspot Feedback

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Tue Jan 24 09:54:04 EST 2017

We tell patrons that we can't guarantee reservations for particular
dates, but we do provide instructions to patrons and staff so they
can game the odds.

We recommend that patrons place hotspots on reserve at least
6-8 weeks in advance, but as early as possible. Then we instruct
them to freeze their hold. This will let them creep up the list until
they're in first place for the next available hotspot. We tell them
to unfreeze the hold about 7 days before they need it.

(On the staff side, this is easier: we just set a "Not needed before"
date of a week before the desired reservation date.)

                Don Yarman, Deputy Director
                Delaware County District Library
                yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
                740.548.9913 x222

Currently listening to "Imprudence" by Gail Carriger,
and reading "Babylon's Ashes" by James S.A. Corey.