[OPLINTECH] Electronic Bulletin Board

Tim Burns via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jul 13 09:49:07 EDT 2017

We have a variety of LED large screen displays(4) connected to “recycled”/repurposed workstations that run Porteus Kiosk(1) software. This provides a very cool hands-off management(3).

The kiosk is pointed to a shared presentation slide show(2) on google drive. The URL causes the show to play on load, and refresh each hour to pickup content changes. We tailor the show to particular branch/location/audience.

(1) http://porteus-kiosk.org  (I have this configured to NOT show anything but slideshow in full screen glory)
(2) (sample) http://tinyurl.com/BPL-playshow
(3) (remote management config file) http://sardis.birchard.org/ebb_fre.txt
(4) http://tinyurl.com/40inchDisplay

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County Ohio