[OPLINTECH] Secure wifi with password in the SSID

Phil Shirley via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jul 20 15:41:17 EDT 2017

Our wireless internet access for the public is not secure (it doesn't
require a password, so it's not encrypted). I would like to add a more
secure option and give people the password by putting it the SSID name
(something like "CFL secure - password is fallslibrary"), so that the
traffic on their radio transmissions will be encrypted.

I would be interested to know if any other libraries are doing that,
and, if so, if you also offer an option without a password. I'm inclined
to offer both at first and then try taking away the non-encrypted
option, but I worry that a few devices won't work with the encrypted
option. Any thoughts on this?

Phil
--
Phil Shirley