[OPLINTECH] Secure wifi with password in the SSID

Joe Knueven via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jul 20 16:25:26 EDT 2017

We are currently using open-mesh APs with client isolation enabled.  To be honest, I’m not sure that setting a password protected SSID would protect users from each other unless you do some manner of work beyond that point to isolate their traffic from one another.  After all, if my patrons know how to connect, can’t the person with a packet sniffer connect as well?

That said, I tend to view networking as akin to “the dark arts”.  Do any genuine “defense against the dark arts instructors” have thoughts about this?

Have a good day.

Joe

Joseph Knueven, Director
Germantown Public Library