[OPLINTECH] New Computers with Optical Drives

Fred Miller Jr via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Wed Jun 14 11:09:18 EDT 2017

Good Morning All,

Has anyone that orders computers for libraries decided to get computers without optical drives yet?

We are in the process of updating computers and I don't see a lot of patrons using them anymore since software, music, videos and backups are being delivered over the Internet or through digital downloads. I have already seen most libraries making the switch over to SSD drives instead of using HDD drive. I guess it would make more sense to get a computer with a smaller footprint with a security attachment and then opt in for a couple of external optical drives if someone wants to use one.

Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

[Logo Resized]
203 Perry Street Wapakoneta, OH 45895