[OPLINTECH] email not delivered

Chad Neeper via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Tue Jun 20 11:13:10 EDT 2017

I understand the concepts of how email and listservs work, but I've only
dabbled in setting up and working with simple mail servers myself and don't
know all the nuances. But it seems to me that, while the problem is
ultimately yours, the cause would have to be partly on the receiving mail
server's side, in the sense of its rejection of inbound mail originating
from your address (or from your mail server's IP address). If some people
on the lists are receiving the mail from you, then you are *sending*
without issue. If you're consistently being rejected by a listserve and
nobody on that listserv is receiving your mail, then I'd look to the
listserv as the one rejecting mail from your email address or mail server's
IP address. If *some* people on the listserv are receiving your emails,
then the mail is getting forwarded from the listserv and the mail would be
getting rejected by the individual recipients' mail servers.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that your mail server's IP address
has gotten itself on a block list that the would-be recipients' mail
servers subscribe to....something you've already thought of and looked
into. Maybe you haven't found the right blocklist?

Could a misconfigured DNS SPF record for your domain cause this, where the
would-be recipients' mail servers are less forgiving than others?

I think you need the opinion of a mail server admin here.      Karl?

(I had the passing thought to not respond to your email in the hopes that
everyone else would to.   ...but that would be mean.   LOL!)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*