[OPLINTECH] Library Catalog Workstation

Tim Burns via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Mon May 8 12:51:02 EDT 2017

I use Porteus Kiosk to access (CLEVNET) catalog page. It’s pretty easy to get going.

Control is setup from a text file on public server (for example). Here’s a sample file I have used to dispose of old boxes— http://sardis.birchard.org/booksale.txt

and other for the same purpose that does not refer back to itself (I load it from a flash drive):

connection=wired
network_interface=eth0
dhcp=yes
browser=firefox
managed_bookmarks=http://birchard.org/booksale.htm
enable_file_protocol=yes
disable_firewall=yes
persistence=session
printer_connection=direct
printer_model=HP Deskjet 5650
disable_private_mode=yes
removable_devices=yes
right_mouse_click=yes
root_password=porteus
shutdown_combination=yes
enable_swap=yes
zRAM=33%
additional_components=uefi.zip 10-printing.xzm 05-flash_legacy.xzm

If you want to know about my catalog accessing control text?

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County Ohio
tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us<mailto:tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us>
telephone: (419) 334-7101 extension: 239