[OPLINTECH] Mobile hotspot lending

Chauncey Montgomery chauncey at yourcl.org
Mon Nov 13 21:02:09 EST 2017

Anyone with a regular account (vs. a juvenile account, etc.) can borrow hotspots.  We don't have them sign anything special, but we do go over our lending policy with them before they borrow the device, especially since hotspots have a different loan duration from most other items.  The devices circulate for two weeks and can be renewed if there isn't a hold (they always have holds).  We charge $10/day if they're late because demand is so high.  We do have a few hotspots that circulate for 24 hours and are not holdable, for those folk in a pinch.  We typically have at least one on hand at any time.  So far these policies have worked for our patrons.
CM
--
Chauncey G. Montgomery
Director/Fiscal Officer | Community Library