[OPLINTECH] WiFi usage reporting.

Ed Worso via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Tue Oct 3 10:04:27 EDT 2017

https://library.ohio.gov/services-for-libraries/ohio-public-library-statistics/#Who%E2%80%99sOnMyWifiFAQs

>From the site:

*How are “wireless sessions” defined? *

A session is counted each time a device connects to the wireless network.
Specifically, the agent probes every IP in the subnet every 5 minutes
making a list of the MAC addresses it sees. That list is uploaded to Who’s
On My Wifi’s servers to store and report the statistics. When the agent
finds a new MAC it counts a session as starting, when a MAC disappears it
counts a session as ending. Wireless sessions should be reported with a
reconnect tolerance of one hour. This means if a device is seen in the
morning and not seen for over an hour and reconnects in the evening it is
reported as two sessions.

Edward Worso
Director
Geauga County Public Library