[OPLINTECH] need info about Avast "free for libraries" program please

via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Mon Oct 9 10:44:46 EDT 2017

Hello colleagues,

We supposedly had an antivirus subscription through AVG that was expiring in
November.

Last week they gave us zero notice formally but all the workstations
announced independently that they would no longer update - starting
immediately.

So we are looking at our options, and I remembered that on this list some
time ago there was discussion about the Avast free-to-libraries" antivirus.
Can any of you elaborate on that? What sort of antivirus do they offer us
for free? Is it like the public version, or does it have more features?

My new IT guy Jim Holan (he's copied on this email) has an email in to them,
but I hoped some of you could give us specifics so we can get moving on it -
or not - when they do get back to him.

Thanks, as always, for any help you can provide. It's greatly appreciated.

Lynne Welch - Herrick Memorial Library

101 Willard Mem. Sq. - Wellington OH 44090

440-647-2120   <welchly at herrickliboh.org>