[OPLINTECH] Wireless printing

Phil Shirley via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Mon Sep 11 09:19:28 EDT 2017

We offer the wireless printing from Windows and Mac laptops through the
SPOT software from Librarica (we also have CASSIE), but it gets used
very little. We supply a batch file for Windows and a script for Mac to
load drivers from a share, but apparently patrons often encounter
obstacles to adding our printers. In a way I'm not surprised, because
adding a printer to your computer is not completely simple.

Could anyone share their experience with SPOT or any other wireless
printing, and does anyone have any suggestions on making SPOT easier to
use?

If nothing else, I'd be interested to know (1) do you offer wireless
printing to the public, (2) if so, how -- do you use SPOT or something
else, and (3) does it get much use?

I've also heard of a product that lets patrons print by uploading a
document to a web server. That's interesting, and I'm going to look into it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Phil
--
Phil Shirley