[OPLINTECH] Convert PDFs to Word format on public computers?

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Tue Nov 6 15:49:38 EST 2018

I got several replies and tried a couple of things. In case anyone's
interested, here's what I've found out:

Word can do this starting with 2013 (which we have). I tried this with a
PDF I had created from Word and it did the OCR just fine; I tried it
with a PDF I had created from a scanner and it do any OCR, just brought
the whole thing in as an image.

Also, our Simple Scan Station (bought from BayScan) has the feature to
scan a document and save it as a Word document. I tried this with a
couple of things that were by the information desk and it did the OCR
just fine.

I didn't look too closely at how well the formatting was preserved.

Phil

--
Phil Shirley
IT Manager