[OPLINTECH] Preparing your library for LinkedIn Learning authentication

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Aug 14 11:06:37 EDT 2019

As announced earlier this week, OPLIN is moving all libraries that do not
specifically opt-out onto the new LinkedIn Learning platform for Lynda.com
access.

Because Lynda/LinkedIn Learning authentication involves a direct query
against your SIP or PatronAPI servers, I wanted to send those IP addresses
so you can configure your servers and firewalls to accept them. (If you're
in a consortium, your hosting organization will do this for you.)

   - 108.174.8.21
   - 64.152.25.209
   - 108.174.2.192 - 108.174.2.223
   - 108.174.5.96 - 108.74.5.127

LinkedIn has not provided me with the dates these platform upgrades are to
begin, but they have hinted darkly that it is soon—I expect as early as
September 10.

If you have questions, I'm sure I don't have definitive answers, but I'm
willing to give it a shot.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250
                    ⛰ ↷ ✷ ☠