[OPLINTECH] Memory for public computers

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Feb 19 19:52:40 EST 2019

Still doing 8GB RAM. Toss in an SSD and a decent CPU and you have a very
performant general-purpose Windows 10 patron computer. YMMV, but the config
works quite well for me!

Honestly, though, most of the use I see these days is somebody just
watching Youtube or doing other completely random aimless browsing. So you
could *almost* just dig up an old computer out of the basement with a gig
or two of RAM and toss on Porteus or some other bare-bones linux distro
with Chromium and call it a day. LOL!

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*