[OPLINTECH] Limiting Bandwidth on Public Wifi

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Nov 25 16:15:16 EST 2019

I used to, years ago, back when bandwidth was more limited. These days, I
haven't really seen the need at my libraries. For the most part, there may
be an instance or two where a patron device is sucking down a notable
amount of bandwidth. But it's generally fairly momentary and it doesn't
affect other users to the point they even really notice. If it becomes an
issue, though, I have no problems in re-implementing limits. I'd probably
start with something along the lines of only allowing any individual device
to not exceed 50% of the total available bandwidth and tune from there.

2 cents,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*