[OPLINTECH] SSDs have quit working?

Lynne Welch welchly at herrickliboh.org
Mon Sep 9 10:26:16 EDT 2019

Hello colleagues,

We have 5 HP Pro 3500 Series MT desktop units used by the public. All
bought at the same time with the same specs from the same people. In
April or May 2018 we replaced the hard drives with Kingston SSDs so they
would be faster.

Early in August 2019 we came in one day and OPLIN 1 and 2 were just
fine, but 3, 4, and 5 showed "Cannot boot". I've attached a screenshot.

New Kingston SSDs did not solve the problem, so we replaced them with
Intel SSDs in OPLIN 3 and 4 last Thursday. We re-installed the original
hard drive in OPLIN 5 since we could only get 2 Intel SSDs.

Today OPLINs 3 and 4 show the same "cannot boot" error, while 1 and 2
(on the original Kingston SSDs), and 5 (on the original harddrive it
came with) are humming along just fine. Argh!

We are at our wit's end, especially with school starting back up. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Lynne

--
Lynne Welch - Herrick Memorial Library of Wellington, Ohio USA
tel 440-647-2120 email welchly at herrickliboh.org