[OPLINTECH] Computers for Kids

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Feb 14 11:58:02 EST 2020

I think the primary computers/devices that most of the libraries I work
with provide to the kiddos are AWE ELS computers. They're still typically
fairly popular with the kids.

One of the libraries eschewed the AWE ELS computers for a tablet-based
arrangement, however. I don't think it was an AWE setup, but I don't recall
the brand at the moment. It's stand-alone and I don't interact with it at
all and so tend to ignore it when I'm at that library. It's essentially the
same concept, just in tablet form with three or four tablets mounted to a
little round and colorful kid-sized table. (Sorry for the lack of info on
this one.)

For the most part, it's pretty much just the AWE ELS computers for the
kids, though. At least as far as "computers/devices" go. But there are
plenty of other non-"computers/devices" things that seem popular with the
kids too.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*