[OPLINTECH] Cell signal boost

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Feb 27 12:27:59 EST 2020

This link (https://www.ubersignal.com/cell-phone-signal-booster-guide) has
some useful entry-level information specifically about cell signal
boosters. At first glance, it may appear to be targeted towards homes, but
as you scroll down, you'll find a section for businesses and then more and
more information. So keep scrolling.

I don't have any first-hand experience with cell (specifically) signal
boosters, but I do understand the concepts. I'd suggest that you employ the
services of a professional for this type of installation if you want any
degree of reliability and success. There are a lot of factors at play and a
professional installer will have a much better understanding of the
challenges of your unique situation. Unless you or someone on your staff
have/has a really solid understanding of how radio works (perhaps a ham
operator), trying to DIY this may not be a great idea. I've been deep in
technology for more than a few minutes and have spent a fair bit of time
learning about and implementing wireless solutions. I've learned a fair
bit, but I'd never consider myself an expert. Mostly, I've learned that
there is far more to wireless technology than it may appear and it takes
someone who is really specifically passionate about that technology to
truly and successfully understand all of the nuances.

If you do DIY it, you'll need to be prepared to do some physical
installation...running cable between your donor antenna and your amplifier
and between your inside antenna(s) and the amplifier, etc. You'll also need
to evaluate your desired coverage area and consider your walls and other
signal-blocking structures and items, etc.

2 cents,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*