[OPLINTECH] Intranet Options

Peter Klein peter at canalfultonlibrary.org
Thu Feb 27 14:00:42 EST 2020

I recommend MediaWiki. It's free, open source, and is developed by
Wikipedia. We don't use it as an Intranet but I launched a local history
website utilizing it about a week ago. MediaWiki very powerful and has
an immense amount of plugins to allow you to do about anything you'd
need. If you're doing it on your own with a Linux server you'd need to
have a moderate degree of Linux know-how, though I think hosting
services probably handle that aspect for you.

The site I set up is pretty bare-bones still, but you can check it out
here to see what a basic install looks like. It looks just like Wikipedia.

wiki.canalfultonlibrary.org

Thank you,
Peter Klein
Technology Manager