[OPLINTECH] Drive-in storytime

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Thu Jun 25 16:59:24 EDT 2020

Could an icecast server running on an existing local wifi network that
is available outside of the building be used in a similar fashion?
Perhaps it could run on a Raspberry pi https://icecast.org/

A link to the icecast server could be provided on a the library webpage,
information about it could be put on signage outside the building at
locations where people would use the wifi. I suspect more people would
carry a smart phone with them if they don't drive a motorized vehicle
compared to a portable AM/FM radio. If they do drive a motorized
vehicle, they may already have their smartphone setup to use the
vehicle's sound system to take phone calls, read audio books and listen
to music.

-Ed Liddle
Marysville Public Library