[OPLINTECH] Public computers: Software? Decrease in the number of them?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Nov 6 13:44:53 EST 2020

Good point on VLC media player, 7-Zip, and Acrobat Reader. Also TightVNC,
for remote desktop control and assistance (with very strictly limited use.) I
didn't even think about them. We install them as a staple on all computers
via Chocolatey, which takes maybe 30 seconds (literally) for the lot of
them to install. (If you haven't played with Chocolatey...definitely check
it out. It gives linux-like package manager installations to Windows. For
free. Makes life so much easier!)

Also, BitDefender for the antivirus stuff and, on patron computers, Deep
Freeze Enterprise Edition.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*