[OPLINTECH] Library Facebook Account Errors

April Eaton aeaton at portagelibrary.org
Tue Sep 29 10:18:23 EDT 2020

We had the same problem with our library Facebook account & this is the workaround I was able to figure out that seems to be working for us still.
Basically there's a problem occuring when the page is being converted to the 'new' facebook.

1. Create a toolbar bookmark to https://www.facebook.com/upgrade<https://www.facebook.com/upgradeaccount/redirect/>   to make it easier to log in in the future.
2. Go to facebook.com
3. Log in as normal and get an error message that says too many redirects.
4. Click on the facebook bookmark you created earlier
5. There will be an error message saying this page isn't available
6. Click on Go To News Feed
7. Click on Pages on the left hand side to manage your Facebook page.

Our PR person who manages the page had been having a problem where if she clicks on Notifications, she gets an error message, but it seems to be working today.

We've reported problems getting into our facebook pages repeatedly, but got no response and no fix. For a while a few months ago we weren't even able to update our profile picture or post at all. It's very frustrating. If someone manages to find a way to contact someone that gets a response, please post so the rest of us can get our pages fixed too.

Thanks,
April Eaton
Portage County District Library
Information Services Manager