[Digihubsadmin] [digihubs] Fwd: Charging for Services

Delaney, Meg Meg.Delaney at TOLEDOLIBRARY.ORG
Mon May 18 12:46:33 EDT 2015

Hi all,
Hope you are well.
Toledo is progressing well through the test collections, and we're learning a lot!
Right now we're revising a workflow document, and sweating the details because for us, these are cross-departmental tasks.
The brochure for external agencies is just about ready to go. This will encompass the whole range from regional libraries to civic groups. We're getting calls pretty regularly from regional libraries who want to know about the scope and cost of the digitization service.
The ContentDM site is in development - thanks for all of the great examples on your websites.

My critical need today:
What is your current pricing structure? Here's what I could find from various notes:
PLCHC: Does charge for things they don't own
CML: Doesn't charge
CPL: Wants to charge/wants cost recovery built in. Looking at a tiered structure: larger non-profit, public, some big projects higher than market so they can focus on small & medium
TLCPL: Plans on charging; looking for a model

Do any of you currently charge or plan to charge regional libraries? Would you share the rates / formula?
We're imagining that if a library ships/delivers a box of "stuff" we would scan it and deliver the scans to them on a flash drive. Do any of you do additional work with these collections?

Sorry to pepper you with questions on a Monday, but really want to get this part of the process resolved & off my desk!
Thanks a million, and give a call if that's easier,
Meg.

419-259-5333