[NORTHSTAR] Fwd: [NDIA Listserv] Please Take Our Survey: The Human Infrastructure of Broadband

Christine Morris christine at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed May 8 17:26:38 EDT 2024

Greetings,

I hope everyone is doing well!  I have a small request for you, so that we
can bring more attention to the role of libraries in helping patrons with
their digital skills and digital access needs.

ALA, the National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA), and other partners are
gathering information about the many types of "digital navigation" work
that is happening--and they are especially interested in the work that
*you* are doing in libraries.

Not sure if your library does "digital navigation?"  I'll bet you do!

Here are some of the services that libraries provide that are considered
digital navigation:

   - Provide public access computers or free wi-fi access
   - Digital skills help
   - Tech support/troubleshooting
   - Navigating specialized portals, for example for healthcare or
   government programs

Please take a moment to help the rest of the world understand the
underappreciated work that you do. The data you provide will help others
understand and better support your work.

*Please take the survey, hosted by the Benton Institute for Broadband and
Society by May 24: *https://forms.gle/9WxPdLn9ac1mViW19

Questions about the survey can be directed to *research at benton.org
<research at benton.org>*.

Many thanks,