[SOA] FW: Call for Papers for 2006 OVGTSL

Gemmill,Laurie gemmilll at oclc.org
Mon Dec 12 09:31:09 EST 2005

________________________________

From: Kellams, Dina M [mailto:dmkellam at indiana.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:08 AM
To: Cobb,Judith
Subject: Call for Papers for 2006 OVGTSL

Greetings:
I wonder if you might share the below announcement with the Society of
Ohio Archivists?  As you can see, we are looking for submissions in the
areas of preservation, archives, digitization, and several other areas
that I believe archivists could speak to.

Thanks so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dina M. Kellams
Assistant Archivist
Indiana University
Office of University Archives and Records Management
107 S. Indiana Ave.
Bryan Hall 201
Bloomington, IN 47405-7000
(812) 855-2323
fax: (812) 855-8104
dmkellam at indiana.edu

OVGTSL 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS

THEME:  Crossroads to the Future

The Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians
(OVGTSL), serving Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio and the surrounding areas,
will hold its annual
conference at the Bloomington Convention Center, Bloomington,
Indiana, May 10-12, 2006.

The Conference Program Committee invites you to submit a proposal for
a 45 minute presentation which tells about the path you are taking to
meet the changes, trends or challenges for the future of technical
services.
Each session will consist of a 30 minute presentation and 15 minute
discussion session.  The committee is interested in papers that discuss
new
visions and new approaches for technical services.  Of special interest
are
papers that address, but are not limited to, the following areas:

acquisitions
cataloging
preservation
integrating resources
automation issues in technical services
archives
metadata
ERMS (Electronic Resources Management System)
electronic resources accessibility
innovative partnerships
selection
digitization projects
government information
FRBR/AACR/RDA
outsourcing
documenting procedures/manuals

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:

Submissions:  Abstracts should not exceed 200 words.  Each abstract
should be submitted as an electronic attachment (Microsoft Word is
preferred) and e-mailed to: codispot at ipfw.edu <mailto:codispot at ipfw.edu>

Format:  Each abstract should contain the following information:

For all presenters: Name, Title, Institution, Address, E-mail
address, Telephone number
Contact (primary) presenter
Title of presentation
Abstract
Format:   e.g., individual presentation, panel discussion, etc.
Equipment Needs
Any other special needs of the presenter(s)

Deadline:  Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Watch for an announcement about our website soon!