[SOA] Reminder: Tues 11/14 Fall OHIODIG meeting @ State Library

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 2 10:06:29 EST 2006

Hi all,

A reminder of our Fall OHIODIG meeting Tuesday, November 14, 11:15am to
1pm.  All are invited!  One needn't be a "member" of OHIODIG.  Please
forward this to any colleagues who might be interested.

Kathy Hughes is hosting us in the State Library building in Columbus for
"Capture and cataloging of digitized Ohio Government Documents in the
Content Cooperative."

Please RSVP to Kathy and also send any agenda items to me for the short
networking meeting following the presentation and discussion.  I'll send
out an agenda just prior to the meeting date to those who have RSVPed.

Lunch is brown bag. The State Library has a fridge & microwave available
along with vending machines (sandwiches, bagels, soup, etc.). *Kathy will
supply pop & water if you tell her what you'd like in your RSVP.*

EVENT DISCRIPTION:
Tuesday, November 14, 2006. Working title "Capture and cataloging of
digitized Ohio Government Documents in the Content Cooperative".

The State Library is a participant in OCLC's Content Cooperative Pilot
Project, which allows you to upload files from your computer or from a
shared drive. The State Library is also an original member of OCLC's
Digital Archive, which allows for archiving of documents on the Web.
Objects archived either way are available through our online catalog or
through Open WorldCat.

Host: Kathy Hughes, State Library of Ohio, RSVP to:
khughes at sloma.state.oh.us, by Tuesday, November 7.

Lunch: Brown bag

Site: State Library of Ohio, 274 E. First Ave., Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43201
Directions: http://winslo.state.oh.us/slodirections.html

OHIODIG, the Ohio digitization interest group for archivists, librarians,
and allied professionals, meets quarterly in the central Ohio area for
presentations and networking. Join us!

See http://www.ohiodig.org/meetings.html for a list of meetings past and
future.

See you there!

janet
OHIODIG coordinator, 2006.
http://www.ohiodig.org/

   Janet M. Carleton - <carleton at ohio.edu> - 740/597-2527
Digital Initiatives Coordinator / Women's Studies Bibliographer
      Alden 235A, Ohio University Libraries, Athens, Ohio
              <http://www.library.ohiou.edu/>