[SOA] Volunteers need for Thursday night mixer

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Thu Apr 26 10:57:10 EDT 2007

The Local Arrangements Committee for the upcoming MAC/SOA meeting is in need of volunteers to serve as card-playing instructors for the Thursday night mixer on May 3. You don't have to be in the World Series of Poker to help. All you need to do is take a small group of people and teach them how to play cards-- poker, euchre, or any other card game you prefer. Instruction sheets will be provided, so you just need to be able to lead a table.

This is a short-term volunteer opportunity. Card instructors work from 7:30 to 8:00 and then get to enjoy the rest of the evening. If you are interested, please contact me or Stacia Kuceyeski (skuceyeski at ohiohistory.org) as soon as possible. We could really use your help!

Angela

Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
(614) 297-2576

View our collections online: http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/ <http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/>

Join us as we celebrate athletic accomplishments and amazing events in the featured exhibit, Sports: Breaking Records, Breaking Barriers, developed by the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, Behring Center, and the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES), at the Ohio Historical Center, Feb. 8, 2007 thru April 22, 2007. Audi is the exclusive national sponsor of the exhibition. Visit www.ohiohistory.org for details.

Ohio Historical Society   Connect with the past; Create a better future