[SOA] Ohio Preservation Council Symposium

GILGENBACH, CARA cgilgenb at kent.edu
Tue May 22 13:45:29 EDT 2007

Please excuse cross-postings.

Register for the 2007 Ohio Preservation Council Symposium (
http://opc.ohionet.org/Symposium%202007.html )

Preservation Strategies for the Care and Storage of Photographic
Collections is scheduled for Thursday September 20, 2007 from 9 AM to 3
PM at the Ashland University J.C. Myers Convocation Center in Ashland,
Ohio.

Our featured guest will be nationally known photograph conservator, Gary
E. Albright, former conservator at the George Eastman House and now
professor of Art Conservation at both the University of Buffalo and the
University of Delaware. Emily Helwig and Charlie Eiben of the
Intermuseum Conservation Association, and Elizabeth Bardossy of
Cleveland public Library will join Mr. Albright as we showcase topics
ranging from treatment methods and common problems encountered with
photograph care to housing images in archival storage containers, family
albums and scrapbooks.